Weekly news - rave or rant?

Sunday 11 April 2021

A lighter look at the news

If you are one of those unfortunate people who suffers from an inability to nod off at the end of the day, I have good news for you. The ex-Vice President of the US, Mike Pence, has signed a double book deal.

If each of the books is around 365 pages long (I just plucked that number out of thin air) you should be in for a snooze fest for the next two years, at the very least. A page a day, should keep your insomnia at bay.

Now, if per chance, they are stuck for titles for said books, I have a few suggestions. 'Lord of the Fly', 'One Pence worth', 'Hangin' with Trump' or 'My fling with a Fly'.

The last suggestion of course, may upset his wife Karen, so the second book could be called, 'Mother knows best'.

Having said that, considering his four years in the White House,  'Eyes Wide Shut', is probably the most apt.

This week, Louis Vuitton had a handbag out on sale. A slightly quirky, aeroplane shaped brown bag, with the trademark LV dotted around. Nothing special, except for the price. Now, you may want to fasten your seat belt, before I reveal the price of $35,000/-.

Blink as much as you like, none of those zeroes is going to disappear. Although, to be honest, even if all the zeroes were wiped out, I wouldn't be tempted to buy one. 



Safe to say, it doesn't rock my boat, or in this case, cause turbulence in my aeroplane. I know, I've deviated from the chartered course, so I'll stop before I crash. In my defence, I lost track when I read the price tag.

In case you think that the grapes I have ingested are on the sour side, I did ask myself that all important question. What if I had a spare $35,000/- lying around, would I still feel this way? 

The honest answer is probably not. I would however expect it to take my little Shih Tzu for a joy ride... a couple of loop the loops in the air every morning, before landing on my arm. 

(In case you're wondering, my little Shih Tzu is as much a figment of my  imagination, as the spare $35,000/-).

Fans of Bridgerton are dismayed and surprised in equal measure, that Rege-Jean Page won't be part of the second series. To be fair, not all fans are surprised (although all are disappointed). 

Those that have read the books, have taken it upon themselves to, in a slightly superior fashion, chide the rest, for their ignorance.

'If you had bothered to read the books, you would know that the Duke does not feature from hereon', they decry, bosoms a heaving (sorry, I got carried away).

Not to hit a discordant note in their Gallopade dance but personally, I don't know where from cometh their disdain. I suspect, reading  Bridgerton books, would be akin to reading Barbara Cartland on steroids.

If you have read the books, and your bosoms are heaving with ire borne of indignation, that I have audaciously opined a critique of such repugnance to you, I do profusely apologise.

Post scriptum: Don't forget to rearrange the ruffled frills on your frock... you don't want to seem unladylike.

Until next week, try and keep it light.






1 comment: